Sunday, January 03, 2010

Brownie Sunday


I had all these nuts and cocoa powder in the pantry that I had to use up, so I whipped up a batch of my favorite brownies. This recipe is so easy and non-chaotic that you'll never resort to boxed brownies again.*

I actually ground up the hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, and cashews in my not-so-Magic Bullet and it made this crumbly sort of butter. I simply sprinkled the concoction on top of the batter after I pried it from Darin's grasp. The brownies aren't done yet, but the house smells so good right now-- chocolate and nuts swirled with the omnipresent spice candle.

* Disclaimer-- My sisters Lili and Faith do not like this recipe. For unknown reasons, it did not turn out well for them. I think that they must have been distracted when baking, because I am a lesser cook and have made these brownies successfully several times.

4 comments:

Darin said...

Pretty please save some for me dear wife of mine...I'm sure they're marvelous!!

Avid said...

You are simply the best brownie maker- and don't take that the wrong way! ;/

Seriously they are the best but only when you make them!!!

Megen Z. said...

Ahhhh, the omnipresent spice candle! LOL, I am always finding quirky little similarities between your life and mine, O Excellent Weez. I just used up a huge Yankee cinnamon candle in TWO WEEKS. Might have something to do with the double diaper duty our garbage can does ...

Evie & Davy said...

What? First time I get a chance to catch up on your blog and I find myself defamed! I LOVe this recepie, rave about it! I just did a little tweaking becasue I don't think I could follow a receipe if I had a gun to my head (rebellion in my own small way, I guess), so I just make Blackies instead with dark cocoa (and I use Agave instead of sugar), or I have made them with dried cherries and coconut, and I have made Mint Muddies with dark cocoa and chips and mint chips... and a few more variations- I LOVE this recepie- so easy, so versatile, and always yum-city!